Project Pierce

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Welcome to Project Pierce!


Early in the summer of 2005, Pierce Hayes was diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder, a social disorder that affects language skills, motor skills, and social interaction. There are no guarantees that Pierce will ever move beyond the limits that Autism has placed on him, but there are several therapy options that will give him a better chance at a bright future.

Pierce is currently enrolled at the Wayman Learning Center, a special school for Autistic children that uses an approach called Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) to teach basic social skills and interaction. We've also been learning ABA so that we can continue Pierce's therapy at home. We believe this to be the most effective approach of treatment for Pierce, and have already seen improvements since his enrollment at Wayman. Becuase of the costs involved in this treatment (Nearly $42,000 per year!), we need your help to continue.

We hope that you will join us in our battle against Autism and its grip on our son's life. If you'd like to help cover the costs of Pierce's therapy, send cash or checks to the address below:

Project Pierce
227 N. Beaton St.
Corsicana, TX 75110

Please make checks payable to Grace Community Church, and mark "Project Pierce" in the memo line. Your gifts are tax deductable.




4 Comments:

  • Hi,
    Just a mom stopping by, reading your blog - with so many autistic children out there, we can learn quite a bit just sharing our stories. I have 3 boys with autism, 16, 13, & 11. I was raised in a faith based, Baptist home and soooo thankful for that. I have a blog as well. I was asked quite a few years back to write about the boys - the publisher wants 180,000 words... um... I'm at 15,000 and just at the second child's birth so I may have to fill in more on my formative years. God bless you in your efforts with Pierce. Please pray for Oliver, Evan, & Travis. I used Myspace to blog and sectioned it in Parts...
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=168106990&blogID=245479756
    Julie, mom of 3 *BEAUTIFUL* autistic boys

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:01 PM  

  • Oh my goodness, Steve, Pierce is so cute and he has gotten so big. He had just been born the last time I saw him. I pray everything is going well with your family. I know you are busy and I have been trying to get in touch with you. I noticed that you have been off myspace for a few months... I had left you a few messages on there. But, I just wanted you to know that I miss your family. I think of y'all often. Jeff and I sent y'all an invitation to the wedding, but I was unsure if you received it. Mrs. Smith gave us your address... but, something could have happened to the invitation on the way. I won't take up more time, but I hope everyone is doing well. Please tell Mrs. Kim hello for me... and the kids, but I doubt they remember me. :) I have never seen your daughter, but I am sure she is gorgeous! God bless.
    Sarah

    By Blogger Sarah Montgomery, at 12:54 PM  

  • Hey Steve! Pierce was so little when he first started at WLC! He has grown up so much!! I am so glad that I got the chance to work with him! I know now what I need to do as a career! Thank you!! much love!!

    By Blogger Alena Jean, at 11:33 AM  

  • Steve Hayes! Hey buddy. Just came across an old Marc McCartney email and saw your name and thought I have got to drop you a note. Let's connect.

    mark moody
    mmoody@southsidefellowship.org

    By Blogger mark, at 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home